17 Tips For Homeowners To Help Prevent Pests
- Keep debris from under or around the perimeter of the structure.
- Keep planter boxes from abutting the structure.
- Keep wood to ground contact to a minimum.
- Keep soil, ground cover, mulch, and etc. below slab level.
- Repair all wood rot.
- Repair leaky faucets and any continual water source inside and outside the home.
- Trim tree branches away from the structure.
- Maintain the lawn as much as possible.
- Keep heavy foliage, bushes, and flowers, away from the perimeter of the home.
- Keep firewood and lumber away from the home.
- Clean gutters so that they are free from debris.
- Eliminate standing water to reduce mosquito harborage.
- Seal openings around pipe entries, windows, and doors to reduce access areas for pests.
- Keep garbage cans covered and lined with plastic to reduce the attraction for pests.
- Make sure all ventilation openings are clear to reduce molds and fungi.
- Keep pet food in sealed containers and unavailable for pests.
- Cleanliness in and around the home (especially the kitchen area) is always important for keeping pests away.
Call Today With Questions
Tags: advice, how to, Tips, tricks