Spider & Scorpion Exterminator
BLACK WIDOW SPIDER
- Female is 1/2 inch long; shiny black, with hourglass-shaped red mark on underside of abdomen.
- Can be found almost anywhere, indoors or out; prefer to build their nests close to the ground.
- Insects trapped in web made by female.
- Contrary to popular belief, female is usually unsuccessful in any attempt to eat male after mating; 300 to 400 eggs are laid in silken cocoon, hatch in about ten days.
- Black widows are not aggressive, and will not bite unless provoked; bites are poisonous, but rarely fatal; if bitten, seek medical attention.
BROWN RECLUSE SPIDER:
- Yellowish to brown, with a dark brown violin-shaped dorsal marking; 5/8 to 1/2 inch long.
- Can be found outside under rocks, leaves, debris, bark, woodpiles, utility boxes; found inside in storage areas such as closets, attics, bedrooms; usually found close to the ground.
- Cockroaches, crickets and other soft-bodied insects.
- Mating occurs from Feb. to Oct.; 40 to 50 eggs are deposited in off-white, round silken cases; lifetime averages from one to two years.
- Bites when disturbed; bites can cause a disfiguring scar.